Sunday, March 20, 2011

Weekly feature: Excerpt from original script

From Older and far away (Buffy season 6).

In the scene were we first see Sophie some lines didn't make it, and some were moved.

From the shooting script:

SOPHIE
(not used to groups)
Hey, um, my mom told me to say thank
you right away for inviting me,
'cause otherwise I usually forget, so
thank you, and also that I can't have
any chocolate or peanuts or egg yolks
or sometimes dairy.
[MOVED]

Beat.


BUFFY
No problem.
ANYA
(sotto to Buffy)
That's your friend from work?

BUFFY
Well... yeah.
(beat)
All the good ones got picked off by
that lady with the wig, lay off.

ANYA
Humm. Our friend is better.

From the aired episode:

SOPHIE: Hey. Uh, my mom told me to say thank you right away, 'cause, otherwise I usually forget. So, thank you. And, also, um, I can't have any, any chocolate, or, or peanuts or egg yolks.

ANYA: (whispers to Buffy) Is this the friend you brought from work?
Link
BUFFY: Yes.

SOPHIE: A-and sometimes dairy.

BUFFY: No problem.

ANYA: (whispers to Buffy) Our friend is better.


Source: shooting script buffyworld.com and transcript from Buffyverse Dialouge Database screencap from screencap paradise

1 comment: