Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekly feature: Excerpt from original script

From Older and far away (Buffy season 6).

The ending of this scene with Willow, Xander and Anya were altered from the shooting script to the aired version. CLICK to see what made it onscreen.


This is the original ending:

"XANDER
It's just, Buffy really wants her
there, seems important to her, and I
told her I would ask you.

WILLOW
(overeager)
Oh, yeah, of course, she should
totally be there, it'll be great!

XANDER
You'll be okay with it?

WILLOW
What, me? Of course, why wouldn't I
be? It'll be fun, I'll be fine.

Xander and Anya exchange a glance, a little dubious.


ANYA
This isn't some weird definition of
"fine" that means hiding in your room
and crying?
WILLOW
No.

ANYA
Because we're tired of the crying.

WILLOW
Guys, Tara's Buffy's friend, too,
she should be there. I want her there,
it'll be good to see her.

Dawn walks in.


WILLOW (cont'd)
Besides, I think we can handle a
couple of hours in the same house."

Then Dawn comes in.

Source: buffyworld.com

No comments:

Post a Comment