Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekly feature: Excerpt from original script

From Five by Five. Supposedly this scene.

Cut from the final episode, for length. Angel initially resists Wesley's idea to help Faith:
ANGEL: 'I seem to remember trying with Faith once... I had her in a safe place, on the verge of facing herself and what she'd done. Then her Watcher knocked me unconcious with a tire iron, took her away, and let her escape. Which gave her the opportunity to put a poison arrow in my back. (stares at Wesley for a moment)
'Then I nearly killed Buffy. Not that one should learn from mistakes.'"

What a bitch. Unless Angel actually changed his mind before the last sentence, meaning that this time Wesley would do it right. I get the anger, but still, bitchy.

Either way, the aired version was more to the point:
"WESLEY: That's not good enough! She's not a demon, Angel! She's a sick, sick girl. If there's even a chance she can be reasoned with--

ANGEL: There was. Last year, I had a shot at saving her. I was pulling her back from the brink when some British guy kidnapped her and made damn sure she'd never trust another living soul."

And a extra original script fact from the same episode:Link
"In the original script, the gangbanger Angel saves is named Martinez. For broadcast, his name was changed to Marquez."

No comments:

Post a Comment