Friday, October 29, 2010

Weekly feature: What NOT to buy.

The re-packaging of Buffy season 1-7 looks ... well, it's not worth the money amazon is now taking for it.

The amazon page. The picture.

Mommy, I know what I don't want for Christmas.

Sure it's pretty, but is it going to fit nicely on the shelf with the rest of your DVD collection? Don't think so. Is it a nice piece of art to display? Yes. Is it worth 180 bucks? No. It's not even worth the 70 bucks amazon had it for sale recently. Why not just pay 30-ish bucks extra on a Chosen collection on ebay? Extra bonus disc, booklet, and letter from Joss comes with. Abd although I don't have the proportions on neither, my eyes tell me the Chosen collection won't stick out like a sore thumb on your DVD shelf. I guess one could display the re-packaging on a shelf in some manner, but still, not worth the money.

The re-package of the Angel series is currently only a 100 bucks on amazon. But I don't think it would be that hard to get The Collector's Set a lot cheaper anyway, on ebay or amazon-registrered seller. Of course, I'll only be getting the region 2 DVDs on Angel, because of this reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment